Orders, Shipping, Returns
DGM Order Policies
Welcome to Disc Golf Mart! At DGM, we are committed to providing you with the best selection, great prices, and fast, affordable shipping. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
Disc Golf Mart
1971 Riverside Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Riverside Dr: 614-481-0808
Refugee Rd: 614-829-3200
In the event we have to contact you concerning your order we will do so by email, text, or phone. Our first contact will be to the prefered method you chose on the original order. It is your responsibility to monitor this communication channel. If we don't hear back from you in 24 hours we will try the next method and so on. The length of time necessary to communicate with you will start the clock on your order completion, so please work with us so we can provide excellent service to you.
- Fast Shipping - All orders* leave our facility within one business day
FREE Standard Shipping on ALL Disc Orders over $15* - If you select standard shipping, your order will generally be delivered in 2-6 business days, but no guarantee can be made as to when your order will arrive. If you desire a specific level of service on these orders (i.e. 2nd Day Air), then you may select this option for an additional charge at check out.
* Free shipping offer applies to contiguous 48 US states only.
- Affordable Shipping - In addition to FREE Standard shipping, we offer a variety of UPS and US Mail shipping options. These shipping options are not free and the price for these additional levels of service is quoted at checkout. Customers requiring their order by a certain date should select a UPS shipping method (at additional cost) that corresponds to the date by which they require delivery.
- Rush Processing - Want to jump the stack? Select Rush Processing at checkout for an additional fee and your order will be moved to the top of the stack.
- DROP SHIPPING: Many of our larger items like Baskets, Bags, Carts, etc. are shipped directly to you from our suppliers. For this reason, if you intend to pick the item up in person, it is important to call the store in advance of your travel to see if the items you want to pick-up are physically in our store.
* Drop shipments are excluded. Also, in instances where we need to contact you about your order, our ability to ship quickly will be dependant on the time it takes to receive a response from you.
Please follow these links to see the details of our order & shipping policies:
- Order Processing
- Exception Handling — Products
- Exception Handling — Addresses
- Flat-Rate Ground (non Baskets)
- Flat-rate Ground (Baskets)
- Expedited (Faster) Shipping
- Alaska and Hawaii
- Canadian/International Orders
- Package Tracking and Undelivered Shipments
Order Exception Handling — Products
We strive for excellence in order fulfillment, but occasionally experience problems due to the complexities of managing our inventory this closely. In the event that something you ordered may not be available, here is how we will handle it:
Golf Discs, Ultimate Discs, Bags and Baskets:
- If we do not have what you ordered , we will contact you to review your options. We will not substitute something different without asking you first.
- If we do not have the size and color you ordered, then we will contact you to review options. We will not substitute a different size or color shirt, hat, etc. without asking you first.
If you are concerned in any way about how your order will be filled, then please ADD A NOTE TO YOUR ORDER AT CHECKOUT. We read every note and put your note on the receipt with our response to show you that we read it.
Order Exception Handling — Addresses
Providing us with your correct name, address, city, state, zip code AND phone number is VERY IMPORTANT. Selecting the proper method of delivery for your address is also VERY IMPORTANT.
UPS does not deliver to PO Box or General Delivery addresses. It is your responsibility to select the proper method of shipping for your address. If you provide a PO Box address and select any UPS delivery method, then YOUR ORDER WILL BE DELAYED.
In the event that we need to contact you about your order, we will contact you by the method chosen at checkout. If no response is received within 24 hours we will use each of the methods available until we are able to contact you. Please note that in these rare instances where we must contact you prior to shipping your order, that our ability to promptly contact you may impact our ability to ship your order the same or next business day. It is your responsibility to monitor your prefered method of communication as selected by you on the original order.
Standard Shipping (Contiguous US States)
Standard shipping is the most economical way for you to receive your order. By selecting "Standard Shipping" at checkout, you are saving shipping charges because it allows us to send your order at the lowest cost to us. About half of "Standard shipping" orders are shipped through the US Mail and half through UPS Ground. The rules and rates for each carrier vary greatly by delivery address and the delivery timeframes are similar to most locations, so by allowing us to choose the exact delivery method, it enables us to pass along the savings to you.
FREE Standard Shipping - All disc orders of $15 on Disc Golf Mart.com are eligible for FREE Standard Shipping. Simply add product(s) to your cart and select "Standard Shipping" at checkout. Please Note: Disc Golf baskets cannot be sent through the US Mail, so any order with a basket must have a UPS/FedEx/Etc. deliverable Street address specified as the "ship to" address. Not doing so will result in a delay processing your order.
Customers requiring a guaranteed delivery timeframe must select a UPS shipping method.
$8.99 Flat-Rate UPS Ground Shipping (Continental US)
Disc Golf Mart is currently providing UPS Ground shipping on most orders for $8.99 with no minimum purchase to the Contiguous 48 US States. Our $8.99 UPS shipping includes insurance on the value of your shipment without any additional cost to the customer. The following rules apply:
- Customer must select UPS Ground (No PO Boxes) - No Signature option at checkout.
- According to UPS, you will receive your package in 2-6 business days using ground shipping. Click Here to See the Map of UPS Ground Delivery Zones
- Only for shipments within the continental US (other areas will see shipping options and quotes based on ship-to location)
- Only for ground shipping (Expedited shipping quotes appear in the shopping cart for faster methods of delivery).
- Offer not good for Shipments to PO Box Addresses.
- Offer not good for orders of full-sized baskets or targets (see $25.99 offer below).
- Other rules and restrictions may apply.
- All paid orders to the continental US received by 4:00 PM EST are guaranteed to ship the same business day, orders received after this time are guaranteed to leave our facility next business day (does not include baskets — Please see below)!
UPS Ground Deliveries to Home and Business addresses are sent NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED. This means that UPS may leave the package at your door, or in a convenient location if no one is present to receive the shipment. If you require a signature, then you must select the corresponding delivery method with the words "Signature Required", at an additional cost, as UPS charges extra for this level of service.
Ground Shipping on Baskets (Continental US)
Disc Golf Mart is currently providing FedEx/UPS ground shipping on recreational full-size baskets at no charge on all basket orders. The following rules apply:
- Customer must select Standard Shipping option at checkout.
- Many targets are shipped directly to you from the manufacturer. Please allow extra time for shipping
- Only for shipments within the continental US (Contact us for all other quotes)
- Only for ground shipping (Customer may select UPS Express methods at additional cost).
- Offer not good for Shipments to PO Box Addresses.
- Other rules and restrictions may apply.
Please note that some baskets are shipped directly from the manufacturer. In these instances, we cannot guarantee that the basket will be shipped within one business day. Further, the manufacturers are often slow in providing us with shipment tracking numbers. Your on-line order will be marked with the tracking number of “will ship from manufacturer” until we receive tracking information from the manufacturer.
Expedited Shipping (Continental US)
Disc Golf Mart hopes to make your purchase as quick and easy as possible. To this end, we guarantee your package will leave our facility the same business day if we receive your order before noon Eastern Time, orders received after noon Eastern will leave our facility the next business day. The details of this policy are:
- All orders will be shipped on either the same day the order is placed or next business day.
- Orders received Friday after noon EST, Saturday, or Sunday will ship on Monday.
- Orders received the day prior to a holiday will be shipped on the business day following the holiday.
- Does not include baskets/targets, many of which are drop-shipped from the manufacturer. Please contact us if you require a more firm commitment or additional information on basket shipments.
- This policy is not in effect for orders where we must contact the customer prior to shipment.
We know that every customer has different shipping preferences for their order. Therefore, we provide you with the following shipping options at checkout:
- UPS Ground — 2-5 business days (you will receive a tracking number)
- UPS Next Day Air - Next Business Day by 10:30 AM (you will receive a tracking number)
- UPS Next Day Air Saver - Next Business Day by 3:00 PM (you will receive a tracking #)
- UPS 2nd Day Air - 2 business days (you will receive a tracking #)
- UPS 3 Day Select - 3 Business Days (you will receive a tracking #)
- United States Postal Service — Generally 2 -6 Business Days
UPS Deliveries are sent NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED. This means that UPS may leave the package at your door, or in a convenient location if no one is present to receive the shipment. If you require a signature, then you must select the corresponding delivery method with the words "Signature Required", at an additional cost, as UPS charges extra for this level of service.
Important Notes About Delivery Times
- You Must Add 1 Business Day to delivery times for order processing. An overnight order placed on Monday will arrive on Wednesday.
- US Postal Service delivery methods are not guaranteed and you may not receive a tracking number.
When checking out, please select the option that is best for your needs.
Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii
Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii are eligible for flat-rate shipping of $5.25 for single-disc orders or $15.99 for larger orders. To these states, your order will be shipped via US mail and you may not receive a tracking number. If you are placing a time-sensitive order to these states, then you must select a UPS Expedited shipping method (UPS 2-day for example).
We DO NOT ship baskets to Alaska or Hawaii.
Canadian & International Orders
At this time we do not offer shipping to Canada or to any country other than the United States.
Package Tracking and Undelivered Shipments
When your order is shipped (generally within 1 business day), we will complete your order in our system and you will receive an automated e-mail with your package tracking information. This automated e-mail will be from "email@example.com". You can also find this information on this web site by logging in with your user ID/password and clicking on the Order History Link. It is YOUR responsibility to track your package and plan for its arrival. If your order does not arrive, then we adhere to the following process.
If your package was shipped via US Postal Service:
First, we will track your package to determine its status. If the Postal Service states that the package has not been delivered, we will contact the Postal Service to determine its true status or advise you to contact your local post office to provide additional information. If the Postal Service is unable to deliver your package because the address you provided is incorrect or incomplete, the package will be returned to us within 3 weeks. If after 2 -3 weeks (contiguous US states), the package has still not been delivered or returned to us, we can assume the Postal Service has lost your package. We will then issue a gift certificate in the amount of the entire order. If the Postal Service states that the package has been delivered, we will assume the package has been delivered and will not reship your order or issue a gift certificate. In these instances, your package has essentially been stolen or is otherwise missing, and we recommend you follow-up with the carrier and your local authorities.
If your package was shipped via UPS:
First, we will track your package to determine its status. If UPS states that the package has not been delivered, we will either contact UPS to determine its true status or advise you to contact them to provide additional information. Sometimes it is clear that they need additional information on your location to complete delivery. If UPS indicates that the order has been successfully delivered, then we will initiate a trace of the delivery. A trace sends the driver out to the delivery location to verify the address where the package was left. A trace takes 8 business days to complete. About 50% of the time a problem is discovered that results in correct delivery of the original shipment.
If the address you provided is not correct or incomplete, you will be responsible for a $15 UPS address change fee. If the package is returned to us, once we receive the package, we will issue a gift certificate in the amount of your order less the total shipping fees and any restocking fees.
Once a trace is complete, either the original shipment will have been delivered to you, or it will be declared lost or damaged by the carrier. If the shipment is lost or damaged, we will file a claim and re-ship your order at no cost to you or if the items are no longer available, refund your money. If the shipment is determined to have been correctly delivered to the address by the carrier, then we will do the following based on the shipping method you selected:
- No Signature Requested (our default shipping method) - If you did not add a note to your order requesting signature, then we cannot reship your order. In these instances, your package has essentially been stolen or is otherwise missing, and we recommend you follow-up with the carrier and your local authorities.
- Signature Requested - If you requested that signature be required upon delivery of your package (read shipping methods above for instructions), then we will file a claim and re-ship your order at no cost to you once we have received verification of the shipment status from the carrier.
The vast majority of our shipments arrive at the destination without any incident. We ship tens of thousands of orders each year and have very few problems with deliveries. We are spelling out these policies to make our customers aware of our process for handling delivery disputes. This policy is required because of experiences we have had with customers who live in high risk areas, but do not take the proper steps to ensure the safe receipt of their order.
UPS Address Change request
If the package is not yet on the truck for delivery, UPS may be able to change the delivery address. UPS charges $15 for each address change. If you would like to request an address change, contact us during customer service hours to provide us a credit card payment and corrected shipping address. Due to the charges that UPS imposes for address changes, no changes can be made without customer payment.
Disc Golf Mart ships the weight range you select. The manufacturer has a duty to weigh each disc in order to display "PDGA APPROVED" on the disc. We don't feel our scales are more accurate than theirs, so we do not re-weigh any discs unless they come to us un-marked, usually do to label falling off. In this case we will weigh the disc and mark the exact weight in grams on the bottom of the disc in pen.
About Plastic Imperfections
The nature of injection molding and hot stamping is such that nearly all manufacturers are subject to occasional material and molding imperfections. Every manufacturer has quality standards in place that allow for some level of cosmetic inconsistency that does not affect the actual disc performance. These may include small air bubbles, color striations, molding artifacts and debris.
Please be aware that every disc we sell is considered first quality by its manufacturer, unless otherwise noted. Factory Seconds (second quality) are usually marked as such by the manufacturer. We might also note that discs go through significant handling before reaching us. They usually have been boxed and re-boxed several times by the manufacturer before they are boxed for shipping to us. They haven't been placed in protective bags until after we receive them. For this reason they are subject to small scratches and scrapes from handling. If you feel that an item you received is not to your liking, please read below for our Return policy.
You can return any item that is in new condition within 60 days of purchase. Simply send it back to us along with a copy of your receipt. Once we receive the items, we will issue a gift certificate for the cost of each item returned. If you request a refund to your credit card in writing, we will refund your card for the cost of each item returned less a 20% restocking fee.
Disc Golf Mart
Attn: Merchandise Returns
1971 Riverside Drive
Columbus, Oh 43221
Please Note: If we sent the correct item with your original shipment, then you will be responsible for the costs of shipping the return to us.
Please Also Note: If you return a used item, then you will receive no credit.
Thank you for taking the time to read these policies. We work hard to make your online shopping experience as good as we possibly can and hope that you have found this page to be useful and complete.